The Ghana Football Association has reiterated its unwavering support for Black Stars deputy captain Thomas Partey as the midfielder navigates an ongoing legal case in the United Kingdom.
GFA President Kurt Okraku revealed that the federation has maintained steady communication with Partey, offering both institutional and personal backing during what he described as a difficult period for the player.
Partey is currently facing additional rape charges, raising the total number of allegations to offences involving four women.
The 32-year-old has denied all accusations through his legal representatives. He is scheduled to appear before Westminster Magistrates’ Court on March 13, with a full trial set for November 2.
“Thomas Partey is our deputy captain and a key member of the Black Stars. The GFA will never sleep over any situation with a player like Partey. We’re in constant contact with Partey, and he’s in a good frame of mind despite what we read online. He has a strong mindset, and he’s preparing to represent Ghana at the World Cup,” Okraku said in an interview with Asaase Radio.
The GFA boss emphasized that the association’s stance remains firm as the judicial process unfolds.
“Thomas Partey knows our position. We stand shoulder to shoulder with him during these challenging times. I’m very positive that despite all the happenings, Partey will show up for the World Cup,” he added.
The allegations reportedly stem from incidents said to have occurred between 2020 and 2022. The matter was taken up by the Metropolitan Police after an initial complaint was filed in February 2022. Partey had earlier entered not guilty pleas in relation to previous counts and was granted conditional bail.
On the club front, Partey recently embarked on a new chapter in Spain. After parting ways with Arsenal at the conclusion of his contract, the Ghana international signed a one-year deal with Villarreal CF.
Ghana FA backs Partey amid club criticism, reaffirms his status in Black Stars plans
While court proceedings are expected to continue later this year, the GFA has made it clear that its support for one of Ghana’s most experienced internationals remains unchanged as the legal process takes its course.





