Ghanaian midfielder Alex Opoku Sarfo is disappointed after Aris Limassol decided to keep him in Cyprus despite KV Kortrijk making a final €1 million offer plus €500,000 in bonuses, Footy-Africa has been told.
Kortrijk had remained persistent in their pursuit of the 21-year-old and eventually improved their proposal to meet Aris’ €1 million valuation of the player.
Footy-Africa had earlier reported that Aris were insisting on a €1 million valuation after rejecting an initial €500,000 offer from the Belgian club. Kortrijk continued to improve their bid, eventually putting a package worth up to €1.5 million on the table.
However, Aris have now decided against selling Sarfo and will keep the Ghanaian midfielder for the new season.
A source close to the player told Footy-Africa that Sarfo had agreed personal terms with Kortrijk and was open to the move, making the decision particularly disappointing for him.
“As at now, the player isn’t going after Aris blocked several attempts by suitors. The player is disappointed but he remains calm and focused on helping the club. He was open to leaving to experience a fresh challenge, and his personal terms with Kortrijk had been agreed,” the source said.
Sarfo spent last season on loan at Russian second-tier side FC Pari Nizhny Novgorod, where he made 14 appearances and played 1,260 minutes.
Aris Limassol insist on valuation as KV Kortrijk push for Alex Opoku Sarfo
He joined Aris Limassol from Ghanaian second-tier side Benab Football Club and has since extended his contract with the Cypriot club until 2028.
With the proposed move to Belgium now off, Sarfo is expected to remain with Aris and is set to be available for their opening league fixture against Apollon on August 29.
Kortrijk, meanwhile, have turned their attention to alternative midfield targets after failing to convince Aris to release the Ghanaian.





